Friday, March 23, 2018

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

It has officially been 9 weeks since we went dairy-free and I've started my weight loss journey again. I am already starting to see differences. Not only in myself, but my children as well. I did a similar post back in October of 2014. Some of the changes I'm noticing are the same they were back then: my pants are looser, my shirts are baggier, my tummy is getting flatter, etc. etc. One thing that I've noticed with going dairy-free though is that I am no longer waking up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps and bloating. This has literally been my own personal plague. Every night I would use essential oils to keep the bloating and cramps at bay. It worked fine, but now I don't have to worry about it.

My oldest daughter has had skin issues on the bottom of her feet since I can remember. They crack really deep and often bleed and cause her a lot of pain. They would peel and flake and get kind of "rubbery". I haven't personally looked at her feet lately, but she says that they are clearing up. We've always had to go through a pretty involved process to get her feet to the point where they would be considered healthy.

My second daughter has always had a little "pooch" on her and has also had issues with excessive gas. (I hope she doesn't hate me when she reads this.) When we asked her if she has noticed any differences, her stubborn head strong self said "No." Well, I have. Her tummy is gone. She no longer has the "pooch" she's always had and her butt has shrunk. Not to mention, she is no where near as gassy as she used to be. Let's call this a little miracle.

My almost 7 year old son has been wonderful. With everything placed before him he asks me if it is dairy-free, bless his heart. Also, when he is given treats of ANY kind, he either asks me or his big sisters if he can have it or if it has dairy in it. Before, he would go ahead and eat it without asking. He's such a sweetheart and I'm so proud of him for being aware of the food around him. He is definitely an example to me.

My youngest is 2. He's crazy. The only changes I've noticed in him is that his cheeks don't seem to flare up anymore with redness. They still get dry because we live in Colorado and there is ZERO humidity, but his cheeks used to get SO chapped and red. It was irritating mine just to see his flared up. His diaper rashes aren't as bad either.

I don't know if my husband has noticed any changes, I'll have to ask him. But, overall, I'm very happy to see the changes I'm seeing. Everybody in the house is benefiting from this major change in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment